*The ordinary world- his ordinary world is when he is at home on his sofa reading his newspaper.
This is his ordinary world because this is the place that he
is most familiar with.
* Call to adventure- This is when he looks in the newspaper and he sees the lotery numbers and looks at his ticket and
the numbers and there are the same numbers on his ticket.
This is the Call to adventure because if he had never picked
up the newspaper then he would have never known that he had won the lottery and he gets excited.
*Refusal of the call- there is no refusal of the call
*Supernatural aid- the lottery ticket, newspaper are all supernatural aids.
With out these things he would never have
won the lottery, so they helped him tramendusly
*crossing the threshold- He crosses the threshold when he sees the numbers on the ticket and starts imagening what he
would do with the money.
This is crossing the threshold because he imagens
what he woould do with the money if he were to win.
*The belly of the whale- when he has to think about what his family would do if they heard about the winnings, they would
crawl back and ask for money and if he gave them some then they would ask for more and if he didnt then they would curse at
them an wish every misfortune upon them.
* The road of trials- This is when he thinks that his wife is going to lock up the money as soon as she gets it, and
he has to overcome this fear.
this is the road of trials because he has to think
on th positive side of it and not the negative side.
* The meeting with the goddess- this is his wife because she keeps telling him that he needs to look for all the numbers
so they can see if they have won.
This is the meeting
with the goddess because if she didn't tell him to keep on looking then he would have day dreamed about the winnings all day.
*T he woman as the temptress- his concense is the women as the temptress
thinking that is he were to find the last number on the ticket then his wife would become rich and she would lock up all the
money before he would get a chance to have any of it.
*Atonement with father-he has to look at the ticket so they can see if they have won
this is the atonement with father because he has
to see if they have won the lottery
* Apotheosis- he has to gain courage
This is the apothiosis because
he has to have courage and over come his fears of not winning so they dont seem so bad in the end if they dont win.
* The Ultimat Boon- The couple did not win the lottery
They did not get the prise that they were looking for.
* Refusal of the return- When the wife finds out that they have not won the lottery.
The wife dose not
want to be were she is at in her life she wants to have a noce house and for her kids to have a noce chilhood, so when she
finds out that the number is 46 not 26 then she wants to go and hang her-self.
* Magic in flight- there is no magic in flight
*Rescue from without-When he sees that they have not won the lottery
He looks at the paper and sees that they ahve
not won and he doesnt have to be worried about the money that his wife would go and lock up because he had gotten the numbers
wrong in the first place.
* Crossing the return threshold- When he relizes that they have not won.
They have to live where they are now
and thet they will still have to sweep the floors.
* Master of two worlds- this is when he sees his wife
This is the master of two worlds because he sees the look
on his wifes face when they thoiught that they could have a chance of winning and he sees how she looks when they have won,
how much they have changed.
* Freedom to live- when he says "It's very nice making daydreams at other people's expense!" is what
her eyes expressed. "No, don't you dare!"
this is the freedom to live because
he enjoyed doing that while his wife took him seriusly and thought that they could have won the lottery.